Thursday, March 12, 2015

Easiest DIY Batman Cape

Check out this happy little Bat Man!!!

I made the cape using my husband's too-small, 20-year-old Bat Man shirt. I never understood why he didn't get rid of it, since it's too small. But apparently it was meant for the greatness of a certain four-year-old Bat Man fan! 


This was the easiest project ever. I just cut off the sleeves...


Then cut diagonally from the arm holes down to the bottom hem of the shirt...

At this point I blindfolded my son and put the cape on him to see how snug to make the neck. I trimmed the neck to the right size, then curved the edges like so... 

And then added the velcro...

The only sewing I did was the velcro. The edges don't need sewing since jersey t-shirt material doesn't ravel. Sometimes the easiest projects are the best!


(Of course you could make a cape from a solid colored t-shirt as well, and either leave it solid or add a super symbol or letter to it of your own choosing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment